India has kick-started its vaccination drive for these over 60 years of age, and inside the age bracket of 45-59 years with specified co-morbidities. If you might be eligible and need to get vaccinated quickly, Dr Kirti Sabnis, infectious illness specialist at Fortis Hospital, Kalyan & Mulund, shares some precautionary measures and dos and don’ts that you could observe. Read on.
* Check the Aarogya Setu app or the COWIN web site to determine the closest vaccination heart and register.
* For these within the 45-59 years bracket, carry your doctor’s prescription to the vaccination heart.
* Talk to your physician about any doable interactions or allergic reactions upfront.
* In correspondence with the date and time of your vaccination, attain the vaccination heart.
* Follow the directions by the vaccination heart.
* Maintain a six-feet distance whereas standing/sitting as you await your flip.
* Avoid crowding, and cooperate with the authorities; their directions will assist you’ve got a easy vaccination expertise.
* Always put on your masks, and carry a small bottle of hand sanitiser with you.
* Minor allergic reactions should not contraindications for vaccination. If you’ve got allergic reactions, please verify along with your physician previous to visiting the vaccination heart.
After your first shot, self-care turns into essential
* Vaccinated folks ought to proceed to put on masks, keep away from assembly in massive teams and indoor gatherings.
* Travelling to locations the place there’s no solution to know if the folks round you’ve got been vaccinated, will proceed to be dangerous.
* After vaccination, you might expertise frequent side-effects akin to ache, mild fever, tiredness, and so forth., so drink loads of fluids, apply a clear, cool, moist washcloth over the injection web site.
* Speak along with your doctor instantly, should you expertise discomfort after taking the vaccine; upon their suggestion, you might take applicable medicine to deal with the discomfort.
* Eat nutritious meals to enhance your immunity.
* Ensure you get good sleep; keep away from alcohol, smoking.
“Do not overlook that getting vaccinated does imply the tip of a pandemic. Continue following the social distancing norms and preserve all beneficial precautions. Taking your vaccination is one of the best step in direction of preventing the pandemic,” says Dr Sabnis.